Monday, January 20, 2014

Give It A Rest, Will Ya?

I'm finally feet-wet here in Sochi...

The cable services at my 'hotel' are a little lacking so I'm relying on my RSS feed for news...
Seems everyone's got their knickers in a twist about possible attacks here during the Olympics.

ABC News:
Terror 'Surprise' for Sochi Olympics? Purported Suicide Bombers' New Threat

Yahoo News:
Threat surfaces as US lawmakers fret over Olympics security

Politico:
Senator Angus King (I) would skip Olympics

The Guardian:
US studying plans to rescue Americans if terrorists strike Sochi Olympics
Hey MSM- could you tone it down just a bit with the "If it bleeds, it leads" sensationalism? When you make a big deal out of it, it becomes a big deal.

Regarding the oft-asked question: What are YOU going to do?

The answer is, as always: Mind my own business, keep my eyes open and don't do anything stupid. (Well- how about 'minimize stupid moves' instead?)
This is true whether I'm in Sochi or Sydney, Johannesburg or Jax Beach.
And it should be for you too, if you want to be around for your next cake day.
Running into a movie-theater shooter seems as likely as an attack from the vodka-Kahlua-cream jihadis these days- so you watch your ass too.


See previous post about Condition White children...

TBG- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

1 comment:

kx59 said...

sounds like denial to me.;)
The MSM is reporting that the "black widow" female homicide bomber might already be inside the border....
I suggest shying away from any female with a muffin top figure while there.
Uhm, maybe you should just exfil right now.