Sunday, June 03, 2012

Reading Material + Newly Acquired Technology

 A post over at PISSED's site, The Feral Irishman got me to thinking about my recent intake of The Printed Word.

 Over the past few months I have had ample time to get some reading done...

Just over a year ago, The Woman Who Knows Most Things picked up the Game of Thrones series, and as she finished one she passed it along to me...
In addition, The Perfect Child had been pushing the Hunger Games at me for a while now.  I wrote a few months back about observing travelers in airports reading their copies of the current NYT bestsellers as they waited for their flights...

The thing that has really increased my reading was the purchase of a iPad...
The PC and TWWKMT both have Kindle Fires, but after exhaustive research I decided there was more software for my needs for the iOS platform, so I picked up the new version a week or so after they were released.

I have not been disappointed with my purchase...

There are a huge number of apps for almost every conceivable purpose...

Tropical Storm Beryl, about to the kick the snot out of North Florida....


I particularly liked this storm tracker... Keeps me informed on when to run for cover...

I've been using it for photo-documentation, email, research and of course, reading.

In addition to picking all the Game of Thrones, Hunger Games and Stieg Larsson's The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo books, I also raided the Project Gutenberg archives.

I'm starting to question the need to lug my laptop around on my travels...


TBG- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

No comments: