Friday, June 01, 2012

Proverbs 26:11

As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.

Hi y'all. I'm back.


I've had quite a few emails, text messages, carrier pigeon notes, phone calls, and in one case, a cryptic query engraved on the side of a 5 gallon plastic bucket, all on the same subject.

To wit:
Dude, what's up with your website?

Well, let's just chalk it up to paranoia.
I shut down access to the 'site to avoid having my own words turned against me.

(After all, these days, even the most innocuous of words can be twisted, turned and taken out of context, and it will thrown back in your face as evidence of your racism and/or lack of cultural sensitivity.
A non-related example: Go look up the word "furniture" on Urban Dictionary.)

I had a long screed written up about the events of the last few months but after editing, tweaking, re-proofing, and re-editing it, I gave up on it because it became a just a hideously circular argument that revealed one of my character flaws...

I know, it's hard to believe that I have flaws, but stick with me here...

I am a bigot.

Shocking, eh?

Bigot:
noun
a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

My bigotry is that I am intolerant of anyone that is so lazy that they will vilify others in order to get out of work, or use spurious excuses to evade their responsibilities, or to use tired inaccurate characterizations advance a hidden agenda.

Fuck every one of those motherfuckers.
Twice.
Hard.
With a ten-foot, wrought-iron, curare-tipped, barbed-wire dildo.

And that's all I'm going to say about that.



TBG- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

8 comments:

Luc said...

Yay! He's back!

Robert Hewes said...

I find it difficult to argue with that! Well said, sir, well said!

Borepatch said...

Glad to see you back.

The Big Guy said...

Thanks, y'all!

kx59 said...

Glad your back Big Guy! I've kept the bloglink burning over at BAR, lo these many months.

Midwest Chick said...

Good to see you!! We waited, patiently... :-)

libertyman said...

Great! I hope you can head back up to New England this summer.

Bug said...

Have you thought of maybe starting up a blog and telling us how you feel?

Great to have you back !!!