Sunday, September 11, 2011

DTW, 9/11/11

Curb to Departure Gate time: 1:07
They're pulling out all the stops this morning. Everyone gets Nude-o-scope scanned, everyone gets a palm swab & scan, they even have a team of TSA dogs on station at the checkpoint...but I'll be damned if I can figure out how they trained them to sniff out toenail clippers and bottled water.

Bright spot of the day: the Nice Delta Lady didn't charge me an extra $90 (on top of the $35 I already paid) for my bag being overweight.
NDL:"Your bag is 56lbs...That's too much. Can you move something to your other bag?"
TBG: "Sugar, I've been on the road since May. I quit playing 'missionaries & cannibals' with my luggage about 6 weeks ago. Charge me."
I've moved shoes and tools around too many times to keep under the 50lb limit. I'm over it.
I think it was just expediency (and she was either too guilty to charge me $90 for 6lbs, or she was just too lazy to for the paperwork...)
I *know* it wasn't my charm and dashing good looks.
Regardless...
Now if I can just get a seat change...
5 hours in 43C will suck if I can't finagle a bulkhead or emergency row.

TBG - Day...hell, I don't know, 60-something?
(edit to add link. Really GR? You couldn't google it yourself, you had to send an email?)

3 comments:

Southern Belle said...

She didn't charge you because you called her 'Sugar' in that awesome voice of yours!

:)

Irish said...

Safe Travels today Unc :)

kx59 said...

brother, I hope you are close to the end of this stint. I hope you get to see the Mrs. and the perfect child sometime soon.