Friday, November 05, 2010

Tried It, Not Impressed

TBG said to quit scaring the children so much with the Scary Princesses and such. (I understand that the Perfect Child is becoming a Constant Reader and gave TBG difficult time regarding the recent artwork I posted. I reminded him of our Authoring Partnership Agreement and the anti-censorship clause therein. Tough noogies, Big Guy. Suck it up.)
However, in the interest of website stability and blogosphere tranquility, I offer a  posting regarding a new product that has recently hit the shelves, completely devoid of scary artwork or semi-nudity:


I succumbed to the marketing hype last night and on a late-night prowl through Shaw's I bought a bag of Dorito's Late Night All-Nighter Cheeseburger flavored chips.
My best advice: Don't expect too much.

When I think of late night all-nighter cheeseburgers, I'm thinking White Castle.
(And here is the problem: When I NEED a White Castle, it's a helluva long trip to NY to find one. Why they won't open a franchise in Massachusetts is beyond me. We drink until late at night, we need small greasy ratburgers.
Sometimes Taco Bell is just a Mexican Phone Company, not a place to buy food late at night. But I'm getting off topic.)

Now then, Late Night All-nighter Cheeseburger Doritos:
Doritos sprinkled with a powdered mustard and pickle.
That's pretty much it...
The flavor is a bit subtle, but that's pretty much all they've done to emulate the cheeseburger flavor.

But then, it's that pretty much all you taste when you want a slider from some late-night place, whether it's a Krystal from Down South in TBG Land, or a White Castle up in the Midwest and part of the Northeast, and whatever they have in the Southwest and on the Left Coast. In-and-Out Burger? HellifIknow- I refuse to cross the Mississippi River- there's nothing over there that I need.

Taking some chips and dusting them with mustard and pickle powder isn't exactly ground breaking. Anyone who's been to Mardi Gras in New Orleans and encountered Zapp's Chips will know what I'm talking about. If I want pickly chips, I'll get Zapp's Cajun Dill.

Verdict: Don't waste your time or calories looking for these. They aren't worth it.

Proxi, disappointed.
(Are ya happy now, TBG?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zapps Cajun Dill are the best!

Angus McThag said...

In point of fact, suh, there's no "mid-west" east of the mississippi.

West of the mississippi, East of the Rockies, North of the Mason-Dixon, South of Canada.