Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Upstairs Fridge

Every now and then my next-door neighbor at work, P2 comes up with a winner...
I got his all-company missive this morning and got a real chuckle out of it...

To: Everybody
From: P2
Re: Upstairs Refrigerator Exorcism Notification - Fri Jan 22 @ 3pm

Good morning,
Sorry for the SPAM… being convinced that some type of living organism has taken residence in the upstairs refrigerator, we will be throwing out (i.e. into the dumpster) all items in the upstairs refrigerator this coming Friday @ 3pm, regardless of expiration date, type of canned liquids, toxicity, science experiments, etc. 
Yes, “all” means all stuff (fridge compartment, not freezer side).


Freezer items that have passed expiration will be discarded, but any items still valid (safe) will not be tossed.



As recommended by Jerry & David, (our sysadmins - TBG) after the cleansing, we will reboot the fridge 3 times.

Cheers.

 I was particularly entertained on two fronts-
First, the fridge is right outside my office door.
Occasionally, when the atmospheric conditions are right, someone will open that door and I have to leave my office until the air clears.
The second level of entertainment is P2's excellent blurring of metaphors...
Refrigerator Exorcism, especially the high-tech form of the ritual: a triple re-boot.
Sweet.
And Joanna thinks she has office fridge problems...

TBG- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

1 comment:

Bug said...

You missed the best part, I happened to be at Dave's desk very shortly after that email came out. A certain office manager actually called him to ask about how to reboot the fridge.

I WISH I was making that up.