Saturday, July 04, 2009

Dry Torytugas 2009 - Part I

Well...
It's not perfect, but I'm working on it...

I finally made it out to the Park yesterday.
I did my typical drive-all-night-to-avoid-KeyWest-Hotel-rates kamikazi run from Jax to KW.
Left at 9pm, had a 45 minute delay at a construction zone near Melbourne and had a 20 minute power snooze at one of the turnpike plazas. It put me a little behind, so I didn't get to do my last-minute grocery run, but I'm in pretty good shape...
My man Pete did make a quick run to grab some essentials for me before meeting me at the boat...
And...crap...I just remembered that I didn't reimburse him.
Pete- let me know what I owe you!


The one thing that I had planned on stopping for but waited too long and blew my chance was to pick up a handle of Captain Morgan.
(Take a second and let that sink in. TBG. In the Tortugas. Without rum.
The world might stop spinning...)

Well...
The bad part... I'm still on Garden Key. There are "issues" over on Loggerhead Key, so no one is there right now, so I'm stuck at Ft. Jeff, with the title of Maintenance Bitch...
Started mowing the Parade Ground last night, will probably finish tonite. I'll be dragging a mower up to the 3rd level tomorrow AM to start mowing up there.
I have a laundry list of things to do...

And man, it is hot hot hot down here. No breeze to speak of, and 90+ degrees.

The word of the day is "Hydration".

Pics to follow soon.

Oh yes... One other thing...
The Quote of the Day for 7/3:

"My shorts might melt to my butt if I sit down."
From Karen of Karen's Great Adventure


TBG- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I've seen some of your shorts before...not much to be melted. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I second that previous comment. = )