Tuesday, October 16, 2007

More Random China Photos

In QiZhong, they shipped in a basketball floor just for the event...


Hey Guys! Shiny side up!

I was walking down a side street near Chengdu Lu the other night and saw this sign...

Now, isn't a Chinese restaurant over here just a regular restaurant?
I could see them having to identify a different cuisine like Italian or something, but why do they have to identify a Chinese restaurant here?

Now, I may not know "art" but I know what I like...

...and for subliminal reasons, I think I shall name this sculpture "Head".
Seriously...given the prudish climate here, I'm not sure how this sculpture is on display here.
Oh well... Eye of the beholder and all that....

Constant Readers will remember Studio 188, Michael & Co's band in Shanghai...
Last year I played roadie for them at a private gig...
I hooked up with them a few nights ago at a bar on Fuxing Lu called Club JZ...

Do I have to tell you that we were drinking heavily? Nah. Didn't think so.

They are playing another gig here on Oct 27th at Malone's. Another Roadie/Security gig for Yours Truly.
(I get to utter that oh-so-useful phrase "Yeah- I'm with the band.")

And speaking of drinking...

James S was out with some English/Irish left-wing bastards the other night...
I left early because I figuratively bitch-slapped one of the morons in regards to the US position on global warming and the Kyoto protocols... Had I stayed I would have really had to knock them around a bit...
You know how it goes when I overindulge- It starts with ooohs and ahhhs, later there is the running and screaming. And walking through the hotel lobby in my underwear. But I digress...

So... James, Satan David and & I were drinking at Big Bamboo and James comes up with a drink from the night before...a Monkeyfart.
Guinness & a depth charge of Baileys.

Horrific. Bad beyond words.
Listen to your Uncle Jay- steer clear of the Monkeyfart.


TBG, more on the way...

No comments: