Saturday, March 17, 2007

Randomness from the road

A few items from the recent trip...

Dallas, for instance.

There is a new restaurant near the American Alrlines Center called Nove...
They have been causing a stir with their topiary... They were required to remove the male ones, but the green females are strutting their stuff.





I wonder what kind of fertilizer they use?

----------------------------------------------

Nerd-Vana



I love this place.

I wonder how they got those cattle up on the second level?


----------------------------------------------

Soap opera?


For the love of Pete, will someone put some soap in my soap?

I've been living in a distressing series of hotels; Extended Stay, Raddison, Amerisuites, LaQuinta (Did you know that La Quinta is Spanish for "Next to Denny's"?), A couple Marriotts, and the odd Country Inn or Hampton Inn.

One thing that is really bugging me is the new trend in designer soaps.

Shampoo has long been a repository of mint, jasmin, citrus, kiwi and all manner of aromatics and herbals, but now the soap manufacturers have been experimenting with additives...

It started with exfoliants like oatmeal and ground apricot seeds; now it's lemon peel, green pea, ginsing, lime, sea salt, and even more off the wall stuff like banana peel and unicorn earwax.
Even at the shithole hotels Where I stay...

(My criteria for hotels: a) Less than $100.00 per night, b) close to the airport. Because I'm a cheap bastard, and I'd rather be able to sleep the extra 20 minutes in the morning before my flight.)

The other trend that is making the rounds is making the bar more textured and shaped like a Swedish massage/marital aid... Some bars are decidedly un-cakelike; they are concave with one face covered with small bumps or other ridges.



They are starting to get a little disturbing...

____________________________________________________


Ebonics in Canada?


Homies?

---------------------------------------------


TBG out-

No comments: