Saturday, July 29, 2006

Southwest Airlines, Part 3.

I said I was going to go into this trip on Southwest with an open mind...

The tale of Flight 2211.

I had typed up a 3 page rant against Southwest Airlines, Santa Ana Airport, tennis events and frequent air travel. Most of it was typed with the assistance of Captain Morgan...
After proofing it yesterday, I decided that it was too full of bitterness, creative spelling, marginal grammar, lyrical profanity and general unreadability for public consumption.

I have decided to abandon that boatload of vitirol and disparagement against Southwest, SNA, tennis, Californians, Avis, hot weather, standing in lines, nomadic lifestyles, Starbucks, and the TSA...

Let me sum up...

Yadda yadda yadda, I still hate SWA,
blah, blah, blah, 2 hour-delayed flights,
Yadda yadda, it's %$@*&$ hot here in CA,
blah, blah, tennis sucks out loud.
yadda yadda, lost digital camera,
blah blah, body cavity search at SNA due to a misplaced screwdriver.

The only thing that deserves mention in detail are the folks in line with me for the flight on Wed AM...
They kept me from going completely postal and killing many many people...
Through their good humor I was able to keep my composure and actually survive the trip to Sacramento.
Thank you Lucille (and your partner-in-crime whose name I never got) from RK Properties , Harley Man, Jen and the girl whose bag we forgot when they made us change gates...

One other thing- this check-in procedure for Southwest bears a little scrutiny.
If you want an "A" boarding pass for SWA, you HAVE to do the on-line check-in, and you have to do it no less than 20 hours out from your flight.
For my 12:00pm flight on Thursday, I logged in as soon as I got to the site, 2:00pm on Wednesday, and I got a "B" boarding pass... I was the 65 person to check in for the flight.
Listen to your Uncle Jay- check in early, or be prepared to enjoy a middle seat in the back of the plane.

Enough said...

Famous out-

No comments: