Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Getting ready for my next gig & New contest.

Preparing to get on the road for my next job...

Based on the client's propensity for secretiveness, I really can't come out and just say where it is, or what the work I'm doing is, but let's just say I'm working at "A Nice Golf Course"...

Anyway- Heading out tomorrow (the 29th)... Physalia will be loaded to the gills with equipment, luggage and 2 ogres... I'm giving Jamie Odom a ride- he's part of my support crew for the project.

Mark Moore- My partner in crime in Italy is on site at "A Nice Golf Course", too, but only for a little while. Lucky bastard is leaving early to attend a wedding. He sent me a message yesterday about me missing out on Sombrero Night, which I think is some kind of celebration at the local Tex-Mex beanery...
Last year we drank tequila in prodigious porportions- This year promises to be a repeat, since when I said I couldn't make it for the original schedule, they moved Sombrero Night to Thursday. Ho Ha!
Tequila y baile toda la noche con las muchachas!

So...

Mark was whining today about a service he'd requested months ago and said service was not completed. At a regualr event, this would not be suprising, but at A Nice Golf Course, it kinda is. They usually don't drop the ball, so to speak.
I'm so used to it (incomplete service orders) that it doesn't faze me anymore.
I sent him the usual reply "IDS=Isn't Done, Sorry"... He didn't see the humor.
The boy is too much of a prefectionist. (Not anal retentive or OCD, but shit like this really puts a twist in his knickers.)
Then again, he's only worked one Olympics event... The embodiment of things not being ready for prime-time... Just wait 'til Beijing. Heh.

A task for you, my evil minions...
Bend your thoughts to coming up with a new acronym for the company...
For years we have always used "IDS=I Don't Sleep" to reflect the concept of long hours and the moments of panic that make up a typical event...

I was going to post a list to be filled out on the door to my office, but I think it would just get lost in the background noise...


So...

Let's see what y'all come up with...

IDS =

I Don't Sleep

Idiots Drinking & Singing ('97 US Open)

Isn't Done, Sorry

Idiots Doing Sports

...


Famous, out-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Idiots Demanding Sympathy
I Do Smack
Imcompetance Desecrating Sports
I Do Snore
I Don't Sleep
Incomplete Details Surfacing

thats all i got :-)