Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Well... It's not SARS...

So, I'll get back to you on the trip to the Great Wall, Tian'amen Square and the Forbidden City in a message or two, but I wanted to let y'all know why there have been no updates for a week...

24 hours after returning to the 'States, the hammer of illness descended on me, hitting me square in the head...
I have a fever, a horrible sinus drip, nausea, and the most amazing, a loss of appetite. Add a raging chest cough and raw throat... I'm thinking SARS or Asian Bird Flu.
13 hours in a planeful of Asians will do that for you. They (the Chinese government) make such a big deal about SARS and other illnesses when you enter the country, it got my wheels turning when I got sick.

Anyway- I went to the Doctor- Gave them my symptoms- they poked and prodded me, did a little research;
A long story short, it's not SARS, but it is a fairly nasty sinus infection.

They gave me a 5 day course of Ketek and sent me on my way...

When I feel a little better I'll do a more comprehensive update.

Take care, y'all...

TBG (really) out-

No comments: